About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fate plays a hand



Fate plays a hand in my day because I started to altered the cigar boxes from the other day. It was going badly I wasn't sure how to deal with them. They have the logo of the brand on the lid and on the front of the boxes , burn in. I tried painting them with gesso first hoping that it would cover the black and second fill in the part that is burn in but no. I could still see it and then I realised that the hinge is made of paper and is getting soft with the paint. 

I walked away and made a cup of tea, thinking "Heck I will have to go back to the smoke filled shop to get more".When I had a epiphany Spray paint and look it worked and just in time because the post came with this....










I rushed upstairs to get my camera, I just wanted to open it but knew that I would want to show you all how Becky http://whymsicalmusings.blogspot.com/ had decorated the envelope.

 It took a lot of will power not the rip open the envelope but if I had known what Becky had sent I would have rushed because inside.....was.....


THIS


Even the backs are beautiful



And there 's more...


Well what can I say, I was speechless. Becky your work is breathtaking, I don't think I could use enough superlatives.... Thank you. Well now I had to have a beautiful box to put my wonderful ATC's so I got to work....

This is what I made.












 






 

9 comments:

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Wendy,

Well now I know what to do with my cigar box!!! I love the Gothic ATC's they are really breath taking
like you said!

Great job you did on your cigar box
I love the Dragonfly stamp on the bottom...I love Dragonflys anyway!!

Hugs and Smiles,

Susan

Becca said...

Hi Wendy, I'm Becca. I love your art! I just found your blog and it's so inspiring. I would love to try more collages like yours. Beautiful!

Linda said...

The ATCs are amazing...and your box is beautiful! How fun this must be!

debbie said...

HELLO WENDY,
I LOVE YOUR ATC BOX...IT IS GORGEOUS AND I LOVE YOUR GOTHIC ATC'S THAT WERE SENT TO YOU. AWESOME.
I AM LEARNING A LITTLE BIT MORE EACH DAY ABOUT ATC'S.
HAVE A LOVELY DAY.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Bobbi said...

Hi Wendy, First I have to say that your blog is great and I love it! I'm so happy to have found you! Then...OMG I loveee Becky's ATC'S! Wowww how amazing! Then, your ATC Cigar Box is so awesome! Now I know I have to make something that I'll be keeping my ATC'S in myself!
Thanks so much for all your advise! Looking very forward to our ATC Swap! Hope you day is a beautiful one filled with all the ATC's of your dreams.
Hugs...
Bobbi

Angela said...

Wendy,
Your ATC box is just gorgeous and the cards that Becky sent you are stunning!
Angela
www.sewloquacious.blogspot.com

The Littlest Thistle said...

What a pretty collection of ATCs, glad you solved your box problem too!

Creative Wings Boutique said...

Hi Wendy,
I just love your boxes. I have to stop by local cigar shop and see if the have those. thanks so much for the post and the side bar button.
You rock
Tabitha

mermaiden said...

they look gorgeous! makes me want to get back to the ones i have waiting :D but it's witch hat season and they are cackling at me :D

Blog Archive