About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fairy Cakes







I am swapping ATC this month with Becky from http://whymsicalmusings.blogspot.com/   and Nancy  from http://herartnest.blogspot.com/.  
Our theme was cupcakes... In England they call cupcakes fairy cakes....

My Nana's neighbour would make the most tasty fairy cakes when we went to her house. Homemade from scratch, no box mixes in those days, butter, sugar, eggs and flour. When they were cooked she would cut off the top of each cake, scoop out some of the cake and fill that with butter cream and then cut the pieces she had cut off in the two pieces , which she then turned into butterfly wings. I remember everything about those cake and we are talking about a long time ago . So imagine my shock when I opened an cookery book my mother in law send me and found.  






My fairy cake ATC may not taste as good as those cakes but they do look sweet and cute.




Have a sweet weekend.






8 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for the education! Your ATC are wonderful. Hmmm I am craving fairy cakes....lol

T's Daily Treasures said...

Lovely ATC's and sweet memories too. Homemade is better than anything you can get in a box. I think I might need to make some fairy cakes very soon. :) best wishes, Tammy

Sinderella Studio Designs said...

love the ATC's but really want to try those fairy cakes.
dana

Home and Heart said...

"Fairy" pretty! (Sorry I couldn't resist!)

Maria said...

Wendy your atc's are just so sweet, those images are just gorgeous I really love the last one she is so cute...
And yummo my Gran used to make those fairy cakes for me whenever I went to England for a holiday, those were the days....
Think I'm going to have to make these this week...

Electra said...

Lovely ATC's and a lovely story to go with them!

Wendy said...

Wendy,
Ok I am going to be up all night looking at all the wonderful delights you have created.
These little fairy cakes are SCRUMDILIUMPTIOUS.
I am in love with those little cuties.
I so want to go and make one for my studio.
Your work is filled with Enchantment and makes me smile.
Your are an inspiration.
Spells and Wishes,

Wendy from Wonderland

Bobbi said...

aww Wendy I love your ATC'S! They're all so precious! I also love fairy cakes!
hugs...
Bobbi

Blog Archive