About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The back to school cigar boxes swap, a ATC from Susan and a challenge from Green paper.




Wow! it is going to be a busy post today. I'm running late I've been out buying school supplies for my teenagers.. Looking for cigar boxes. I got the supplies and the cigar boxes,  they are for a swap. I'm taking part in.

"The back to school cigar box swap" hosted by Tabitha @ Creative Wings http://creativewingsboutique.blogspot.com/  
I was worried that I wouldn't find a box but I hit the jackpot at the local cigar shop. I walked in "OH my! the smoke was heavy" but the owner had a stack of empty boxes and he only charged me $2.00 a box. I picked three, one for the swap and two wood ones. When I got home I realised that they are just the right size to keep my ATC's  in"SWEET" as my kids would say.

 I'll post when I've played a bit with them.
Also when I got back there was mail and Susan had send her ATC for the blissful ATC swap.... look! it is beautiful and she's only made three so far and she said she didn't like the colour Orange.. She did a great job.She handpainted it , look at the fish, it is so lifelike.  I can't show you mine yet because I don't want Susan to see but soon..



And last the challenge is for Green paper, they give you images and you have to made something with it .This time it wa an image of Lady Randolpoh Churchill. As I looked at the image the song "the best things in life are free , but you can give them to the birds and bees"  came to mind... So I made a triptych arch card  




10 comments:

Mary Green said...

You're so lucky with those cigar boxes and that lovely ATC! And your triptych is just wonderful, thank you so much for posting it!

Debby said...

Is it too late for the cigar box swap. I love making altered boxes.
Funny about the heavy smoke at the cigar shop. The last time I went it was at lunch time. The small shop was full of men in fancy suits just a smokin away. I could hardly breathe. I had to pick out the boxes. I hurried as fast as I could. I had to go home and shower....yuck.

Jewels said...

Wow - love how you used Mary's images - really sweet! Jewels

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Wendy,

I am so glad you liked the ATC I made for you!! It was truly a labor of LOVE!!
I wish I would have known you needed a cigar box, I would have mailed it to you along with the ATC!!!

Hugs and Smiles,

Susan

Terry said...

I cannot find a cigar box! Lovely ATC's! Have a great evening!

Electra said...

Wow, the fish is gorgeous!!

Lenna Young Andrews said...

The triptych idea is wonderful, wendy! Love how you incorporated the flowers and the saying with the images.

missy k said...

Great triptych, gorgeous colours.

What a great idea for storing your atcs!

joy said...

Wonderful triptych!

Kat's World said...

Your triptych is beautiful...so many wonderful colors and a cute little saying. Very nice!

Blog Archive