About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, July 12, 2010

What the heck is a ATC ?????

What are ATC's or Artist trading cards, you ask? Do you remember when your kids or even your husband collected small cards with pictures of famous baseball players or pokemon, well that is kind of what a artist trading card is. It's a small card the same size as one of those cards but where baseball cards are mass-produced these small cards are individually hand-made by artists like you and they are traded to other artists. 
You could say you hold a tiny work of art in your hand. Now I heard about these cards when I arrived in the States but never knew how to trade them, but that's before I started blogging and it has opened a whole new group of would-be artists who are just waiting to trade... so get out you paints, pens, papers, anything and join Debbie and me in trading your pieces of art.

We are going to have a monthly theme. July is going to be "Sisters" as I met Debbie through the bloggerette sorority. If you would like to take part then leave a comment saying you would like to join us. Be sure to include your blog address and email. We will contact you with a list of addresses... then you just have to make your cards  and we will start trading.....It easy and fun.


We would like to keep the swap quite simple so we will try and keep rules to a minimum, the aim of the swap is mainly to have fun!




1. The swap is only open to USA based participants. Sorry but maybe later we will open it to wider areas.

2. The ATC must be 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches (regulation ATC size)

3. The ATCs must be sent in an envelope with the correct postage. 

4. You can use any media to create your ATC unless specified in that month's theme.


5. Please make sure your ATC is sturdy enough to withstand posting, ATC holders or clear plastic covers can be used.

6.Remember to post your ATC on your blog for everyone to admire!

7. Please sent out your ATC on the 15th of the month.


There are the themes for each month so if you want you can get ahead.

July - (Sisters).  please have you cards ready to sent out on the 19th so everyone receives their swap before the end of the month. Sorry for the rush but next month you will have until the 15th.
 Ausgust- (orange)
September- (leaves)
October - (dark)
November -(open what ever you want to send.)
December -(Angels)

I hope you will join Debbie and me. It is going to be FUN

7 comments:

Angela said...

You read my mind! I had no idea what an ATC was! Are those pictures in this post examples of ATCs? I'd love to join in, but I'm not sure I'm that artistic! I'm sure I hadn't really been exposed to this art until I joined the Bloggerettes! I think it is just great!
Angela
www.sewloquacious.blogspot.com

Fun With This and That said...

I want to join It will get me thinking . This will be fun something to look forward to.Will there just one person you swap with or different Laura Q

DeeDee said...

How many cards would we have to make? I love swapping ATC's....

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I would love to see each of these, I am NOT An artist or do I own any of those, but I learned something from this, never knew those existed!!
Enjoy that trade!!
hugs,
jamie

Francie of The Scented Cottage said...

Ohhh I want to join the ATC swap !!!

http://www.TheScentedCottage.blogspot.com

(())
Francie

debbie said...

OKAY WENDY,
I AM WILLING TO TRY THIS...I HAVE NEVER MADE AN ATC BUT I HAVE MADE TAGS...CAN YOU PUT LACE AND SUCH ON THEM...HOW MANY WILL WE HAVE TO MAKE...I AM JUST THINKING IF I WOULD HAVE TIME TO MAIL THEM BY THE 18TH...I WILL TRY IT AND IF THEY DON'T FLY JUST FLUNK ME...OKAY

MY BLOG IS
http://iamsimplydebbie.blogspot.com

my e mail is
radiragan@itlnet.net

I'M EXCITED BUT FEARFUL.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Penny said...

I want to join the ATC card swap starting in August Please.

E-mail addy:
PellieP@gmail.com

Blog: http://palaverfrompellieghengiskhat.blogspot.com/log:

Hugs
Penny

Blog Archive