- I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy
Monday, July 26, 2010
Rewind week the 70s" I'll do this But I'm not wearing bellbottom jeans!"
When I saw Angela's post about rewind week I thought "oh heck I hated the 70s". I was seven in 1970 and in 1979 I was 16 years old.... I remember some parts of the 70s as wonderful but others were terrible.
I am a person who remembers events in the clothes I wore, some people it is smells or songs but me it is clothes and wow did I remember some terrible clothes in the 70s.
Pippa Dee party were all the rage and I remember my mum buying a outfit from them; it had blue and white flowers in a valor fabric and had shiny pants to wear with it.... what I didn't like was that you could wear it to sleep in.... I remember going to school and some boy asking me if I had forgotten to get dress... that was the last time I wore it... I hid it under my bed and there it stayed until I out grew it.
I also remember the 1st pair of heels, well tree stumps! would be a better description. They were platforms with a wedge heel . They were solid wood, so very heavy and very tall. The first time I wore them out was to walk down the village. I twisted my ankle and had the limp home. Of course I had to listen my mum's "I told you so." so I bet your wondering what were the good parts of the 70s? well I was young, the music to the most part was pretty good Michele Jackson, Donny Osmond and David Cassidy to name a few. BUT I was in love with the BAY CITY ROLLERS... I was going to marry Woody.
So in light of my love of 70's clothes my rewind project is this .... A depiction of 70's clothes at they best. The writing at the back of my figure in the words to my next favorite song Jimmy Osmonds "long haired lover from liverpool" Hugs Wendy at http://blissangels.blogspot.com/
- ► 2016 (35)
- ► 2015 (71)
- ► 2014 (90)
- ► 2013 (170)
- ► 2012 (243)
- ► 2011 (299)
- I do like to be by the seaside swap
- It is ATC day
- GC64 Yellow, Orange and red Titled "THE KEY TO M...
- Art Creation Friday Challenge 84 Titled "If you go...
- An absolutely fabulous day
- Rewind week the 70s" I'll do this But I'm not wear...
- A Triptych Arch.. A Marie Antoinette Arch for Goth...
- A swap arrived from Angela
- cApTuReD fAeRieS tRaY
- A Gingersnap challege, Woo are you Tuesday and wa...
- I made this... don't fall on the floor in shock.....
- I have had a perfectly wonderful day
- It is here..... The midsummer night's secret dream...
- Every things coming up rosettes for me and my girl...
- White rabbit
- Well it is here........... after lots of emailing ...
- update on the ACT swap
- What the heck is a ATC ?????
- gOOD MORNING oR SHOULD i SAY gOOD eVENING BECAUSE ...
- IM GIRL JULY GIVEAWAY
- I lost my head......in more ways than one.
- Art Creations friday 82 th
- A lovely surprise
- Have you ever had a Ta-Da moment!!!!!!
- OH DO LIKE TO BE BY THE SEASIDE SWAP
- give away from tales from the OC cottage
- "There a party!!!" shouted the faeries "A midsumme...
- I still have two ATC that need good homes
- Woo are you Tuesday?
- BUT I'm bored.......
- A pin for the 4th
- Happy 4th of July
- ATC swap???
- More soldered charms
- Art Creations Firday Challenge 81
- Nothing to do BUT craft, it's a hard live but some...
- ▼ July (37)