About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Have you ever had a Ta-Da moment!!!!!!


Have you ever had a Ta-Da moment? Because today I had  one. Three years ago while visiting family in England , my mum asked me if I wanted the baptism dress I wore when I was a baby...she had it and handed it over in a plastic bag.
When I got back to the States I pulled it out, to look at  but didn't really know what to do with it ....so it has been in that bag for three years in my closet collecting dust... that's until today. When my husband's mum sent his baptism certificate and the light went of it my head.
And this is what happened...... the dress is beautiful I should be ashamed to say that it has been in that bag all this time. Just look at the lace.... I had wanted to use it for Owen's baptism but he was too big,  the dress is tiny.....it now hangs on my door. I added wings to the hanger and made some fabric flowers and just one more touch a paper flower garland.  It is now a piece of art and not hiding in a plastic bag.

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

What a beautiful gift from your mum! A true treasure!

Terry said...

Wow, the dress is beautiful!

Kimberly said...

Wendy, this is sooo beautiful! Excellent job with a family treasure!
enJOY,
Kimberly

MosaicMagpie said...

How perfect you made an angel from it! Very pretty and so much better than being in a plastic bag.
Debbie

Linda said...

This is so sweet, Wendy~so nice to display it rather than pack it away! Just wanted to thank you for the wonderful decorated box of flowers! They are wonderful! I'm going to blog about it next week!

Blog Archive