About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

cApTuReD fAeRieS tRaY


A while ago when at my scrap booking store I spied  a tray by 7gypseis.  



 It was nearly Mother's day, so when asked what I would like the boys to buy me.
I answered the tray. I loved the idea but didn't know what I wanted to do with it until day. Do you get ideas in the middle of the night ?? I do, at three this morning I woke with a idea of what I could do with my mother's day gift..... and this is what I created.



The writing around the edge says "Faeries like shiny,bright objects to capture a fairy,hang crystals from bushes and trees. Lay out honey water or lemonade and small pieces of cake.
They only come out in the summer on warm sunny days.
When capturing a fairy have a clear glass jar ready but let them go before sunset or they will turn you into a toad."

15 comments:

MosaicMagpie said...

Wendy,
I love this! I really like how you treated each little section as it's own little world. The moss and fern leaves really add to it. That nest is a cutie!
Debbie

Terry said...

That is incredible! Talk about details and so many gorgeous little windows. Love it!

The Littlest Thistle said...

How cool, love what you've done with it

Penny said...

Nice tray - and what wonderful art you created with it.

Hugs,
Penny

Barbara said...

Wendy you did a wonderful job on that tray! It's just so enchanting!

Hugs XX
Barbara

Leila Gervais said...

I've seen this tray and didn't buy it because I figured it was for ATCs, which I've neither received or created.

BUT, I'm participating in Blissfull ATC swap, so I may one day pick one up so I can display any ATCs I collect. I can't wait!

...and I LOVE what you created with yours!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Wendy, your Fairy tray is just magical! I could look at it for hours!

Glenda said...

this is sooooo lovely you are very clever.,thank you for showing ,.love from Glenda

Kimberly said...

Wendy, this is just the sweetest thing, beautiful!
enJOY,
Kimberly

Parsley said...

Stopping by for the first time. I recently joined the Bloggerette Sorority and wanted to meet some of the 'sisters'.

My blog door is always open for new friends. Drop by, help yourself to some tea and cookies and meet my 6 dogs.

God bless.

Violet said...

Hi Wendy, Thanks for stopping by my blog! Wow, the way you decorated that tray is fabulous!
~ Violet

Electra said...

This is simply magical, Wendy!!

Edie Schmidt said...

good morning I am glad you stopped by my blog!!:)) I have grabbed your button and can't wait to put it on my blog.

Patti said...

What a clever idea. I love it Wendy. Very nice :)

Jackie said...

This is fabulous, Wendy. I love all the details you have added - the text, the leaves, the nest etc etc. It's delightful. I keep looking at these trays, but so far haven't succumbed - they are so expensive in the UK.

Blog Archive