About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, June 28, 2010

Brag monday, 4th of July and giveaway.


It is Monday again! How time flies when you are having fun. I loved meeting all my new sisters from the bloggerett sorority.        
I am still going down the list.
The weeks are speeding by, the boys will be back to school soon but before then we have the 4th of July celebrations. We have a street party, our friends and neighbours get together to grill hot dogs. The kids (and sometime the grown ups) have water fights  and then we watch the fireworks.


This year 4th of July holds significant to us because it is the first year the boys are celebrating the 4th as American citizens and because of that I wanted to make a hanger for the front door and an arrangement for the table. I found images from Karen's wonderful blog so I'm linking  to Brag Monday.





I cut red scrap booking paper into cone shapes, I made rosettes from crepe paper, stars from black glitter paper and images from Graphics fairy.






Punch a hole in each side. I plan to fill each one with candy on the 4th but not yet because the candy will be all gone if I put it in now.
The large  hanger was made it the same way just larger. I also made rosettes with just the image glued to the front.
I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July and a great crafting day ~Wendy

5 comments:

Lynn Stevens said...

Wendy this is Awesome! what a great tribute to the 4th, and congrats to your boys too!

Donna said...

This is so pretty! I've been wanting to learn how to make crepe paper rosettes, and you make it look easy! Thanks for sharing! Saw you over at the Graphics Fairy.

Barbara said...

Wow Wendy Congratulations to your two boys! I'm sure you are quite proud of them. Lovely decorations too. I just wanted to stop by and say "Hello" to a fellow Bloggerette Sister!

Hugs XX
Barbara
Moore Whimsies

Linda said...

Great post Wendy...and I love your special project!

Karen- The Graphics Fairy said...

Wonderful Wendy!!! You make the most awesome cones!! Thanks so much for linking up to another Brag Monday. It's always so much fun for me to see what you come up with!

Blog Archive