About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Monday, May 17, 2010

Brag Monday " I can't get out " shadow box

I went to Michael's the other day and found this sweet little sliver charm in the shape of a bird cage it has a bird inside too. So sweet. I also had some old picture frames without glass sitting in a cardboard box for months and I had no idea what to do with them until today. So in between writing I decided to make a shadow box with the charm as the centre piece.  I painted the frame and a box lid with blue acrylic paint and the when dry and coat of crackle medium and then when that was dry a coat of vintage white acrylic paint. Then I sat back and watched the magic as the crackle appeared. I love that bit. I then covered the inside of the box with the image from  graphic fairy french postcard. Add some twigs from the garden, some flowers and some paper punched butterflies. It came together very quickly and it is now hanging on the wall by the computer. Have a great day ~Wendy

7 comments:

Karen- The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Wendy,
This is lovely! That tiny cage is just darling and I love how you crackled the frame!! Thanks so much for linking this one up to Brag Monday.

Cindy said...

Oh Wendy, This is adorable!!! And your blog is gorgeous too! Fabulous piece--I just love it!
www.recoveryartist.com

ewenique said...

What a great idea making a shadow box with a frame like you did. I've got a few extra frames I can repurpose like you did. Your box was simply gorgeous!

the gypsy magpie said...

I really like this piece. There are days when I feel like that little bird- "I can't get out! I can't get out!" What a darling little birdcage charm, too. Thanks for the inspiration today!

PetraB said...

this is so darling, love the little charm

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

This is so gorgeous!!!
WOW! Thank you for friendship :)
XOXO
Frenchy

BLISS angels said...

Thank you for all your lovely comments you make my day.

Blog Archive