About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Friday, April 16, 2010

Pets

My angel, my wee boy is sick today with strep. He is asleep his bed with the dogs by his side. They haven’t left his bed all morning.


They are the sweetest, most loving dogs you could ever want to meet. My neighbor Jodi would happily take them into her home. They are pleased to greet all children with licks and most dogs a tail wag.

We weren't always dog owners, when my husband and I married we had cats. First we had Ambrose, then Merlin and then Jess.

Jess had pure black fur and green eyes. He would sleep with my son every night. He moved with us to the US.





Now I don’t know why we had cats because I have an allergic reaction to them, as soon as a cat comes within a few feet I’m itching. Cat ownership comes with its own set of worries.

Running out in our underwear in the middle of the night because the cats were fighting or getting a cat to come at night when it wants to stay out.

Jess lived for five extra years after we moved to the States. He loved the warm weather and chipmunks. Twenty years is a very good age for a cat to live. He died three years ago.



We brought our first dog Willow and later came Acorn. Willow is charming; she is the nanny in the house and will help put my son to bed. She runs to his room and waits while we brush teeth. Then she jumps onto the bed and licks his face then jumps off and goes to sit back down on the sofa. Acorn is a big boy and he sleeps like a human. He likes to sleep and gets into bed every night at ten.



Being a dog owner is wonderful. They come in when called and follow you around. They will eat anything and everything put down and they love to go for walks with you. They like to sit at my feet as I write and their fur mops up tears. There is a saying “Give a cat a treat and it thinks I must be a god, give a dog a treat and it thinks you must be a god. That‘s how my dogs look at me, I am a goddess.







No comments:

Blog Archive