About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Flowers

Today I did something that made me laugh. It made me laugh because although I'm a grown woman I heard my Dad's voice saying that flowers look better in the garden than in a vase. That is his outlook. We had a beautiful garden when I grew up. He still does but he never picks the flowers to bring inside. I still don't understand that. As a child I always wanted to pick flower's to bring inside, but knew Dad would be cross about it.

So instead I would go across the fields I would bring back armfuls of buttercups, daisies and wild roses and take them to my bedroom to enjoy their prettiness, okay so they didn’t last long. A few days they would die but for the short time they brighten my room with their beauty.

So today I went in to my garden and picked a bouquet of flowers to enjoy. I know they would last longer outside but they are beautiful they brighten my day.









“I see my offering is not the first and not the most elegant I’m afraid I acquired my bouquet from a field.” Said Willoughby, when he noticed the bouquet of hot house flowers Colonel Brandon had given Marianna. To which Marianna replied “Oh I prefer wild flowers any day to hot house flowers.” From Jane Austin’s Sense & Sensibility.


1 comment:

Le Chateau des fleurs said...

I love flowers. In my last yard, i planted a wild flower garden for the kids so they could pick the flowers and give them to me LOL.
We all loved it :)
I love your card!
You are very crafty! Thank you for your visit and following me :) Following you back.
frenchy

Blog Archive