About Me

My photo
I 'm wife, a mother , a daughter, a sister,a friend,a crazy faerie loving, art creating, born in England living in the states, blond hair blue eyed, tea drinking, mixed media, atc swapper, digital artist, blogger ,Facebook, reader, writer, old movie watcher, paper addicted, high heel lover, dog owner,cupcake eater, creatively eccentric.. party hat wearer. Welcome to my blog. Where I hope you'll stay awhile and come back often. Hugs Wendy

Followers

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Good news or bad


When we arrived in the states all those years (10 yrs)ago. I brought myself a journal one because it had a nice poem inside which as the years have passed I have come to understand it's meaning but also so I could write down all the heartache, and sorrow I felt about leaving my home in England, my family and friends. I still remember the day Paul my husband came home with a large smile on his face with the news.
He said " I have good news and bad news, which do you want first?"
I said " The good news." ( hopeful that we had won the lottery, we didn't have much money back then)
"Well" he said " We could be moving to Scotland or to America."
" Okay" I said "What is the bad news?"
He looked at me then Said " We could be moving to Scotland or America." He was right the news could be taken as good or bad depending on your outlook. I didn't want to move to Scotland. Do you know how much snow they get there ? I hate the cold weather.So we were going to moving to the States. I should mention that my youngest son was three weeks old! I know what was I thinking , what was my husband thinking coming home and telling his post natal emotional wife that they were not only moving house but country......but 10 years later I look back into that journal with awe that we are here and my boys love it. My husband Paul and the boys all came American citizens last year. I am not ready yet to gave up my English passport, but like all things in my life when the time is right. I will know it.

No comments:

Blog Archive